Friday, May 19, 2017

Time is Flying By Way Too Fast

Where has this year gone?

Shortly after the girls left for mission and college, I started working for our POA (Property Owners Association). I love all the people I work with. We have a great time. The job itself is customer service and full of procedures that make my heart happy. Seriously, it keeps my OCD under control in a way never possible with substitute teaching.

The girls are both home. Kiah is working full time and saving for when she goes out to school this September with Ashlee. We are waiting for Ashlee to follow suit.

The boys are out of school as of this week. I don't know what they will do all summer with me working. I already miss our pool days and we haven't even reached that point of the summer yet.

Nathan has survived all the layoffs at Walmart so far. He recently was moved to a new area/team that he is excited about. In his free time at home, he still refinishes furniture sometimes, and we built a room in the garage for the girls to stay in. This weekend he's putting a shower in the half bath that's already down there.

Since I'm working, there isn't a lot of time to write, but I'm taking all the little steps I can, whenever I can. This month I released my first clean romance under a pen name. Nathan doesn't understand why I used a non de plume. It isn't because I'm embarrassed or anything. On the contrary, I'm really excited about it. However, I chose to use a pen name for romance so that any future readers will know what to expect. If everything was under "Charity"they would have to figure out if it was contemporary romance or science fiction/fantasy. This way, there is no doubting what they get. It makes for happy readers and that's what's important.

So, if your interested, check out the new author website River Ford Romances. There is also a goodreads giveaway right now where you can win a signed copy of the book.

Better yet, sign up for the newsletter and get the first 3 chapters free!


No comments: