Sunday, December 16, 2012

Start of a New Tradition?

Another week has flown by and I feel quite lucky to have something to blog about. First, we are settling well into our new routines. The kids are off to school and I go to the gym, or I take a little nap! Yes, that's how wonderful my life it now. If I'm tired, I indulge in a rest before getting to my work.

With all the peace and quiet in the house I get so much more done. I can clean the big living area within an hour and then I sit and write. I've made a lot of progress on my faerie WIP and my blog tour plans. You can read all about that over on my writing blog though.

Friday I spent 2 hours walking around the mall trying to figure out what to get Nathan for his birthday and Christmas with no luck. I did however find a lot of stuff I would like sometime in the future. :) When I returned home empty handed I was ready to drown myself in some blog reading and a little writing. Unfortunately, my computer had decided to die. I'm now using Nathan's tiny little computer until I can get mine fixed. (And yes, my entire writing career is on that computer and I haven't backed it up in the last 2 months so I'm a bit freaked out.)

I managed to stay calm and enjoy the weekend though. Saturday we went to Fayetteville once again for the Wreaths Across America event at the National Cemetery there. It was a beautiful day and the ceremony really touched my heart. I felt blessed that my children could participate in this event and hear about our veterans and the price that has been and is continuing to be paid for our freedoms.

Wreaths were laid in remembrance of those who have served, been prisoners of war, missing in action, and died serving our country in the various branches of the armed forces. I couldn't help but think of my brother who has now served 15 years in the Air Force. On top of those years of service, he has done one more act of love and service to his fellow airmen. He has never asked for Christmas off. As a single man he always volunteers so one more father can be at home with his children.

Thank you Terry for your service and your example of love!







No comments: