Thursday, October 15, 2009

Words that mean the world to me...

Nathan finally read and completed my book today. I've been on pins and needles ever since he started because his is the opinion that means the most to me. I want to post what he wrote to his family on our myfamily site. Now, even if nothing ever happens, and I'm never published, I will still be happy.

" I just wanted to brag a little on Charity. As many of you know she has been writing a book for a while now. Well she finished it not long ago, and so I started reading it so I could provide feedback. I just finished reading it today during my lunch break. I always knew Charity was super talented, but this book is really quite amazing.

"I am a picky reader (meaning, you better get me in the first few chapters or I don't keep reading), I found that I was totally into the story from beginning to end and sometimes would stop myself and think "my wife wrote this"--I didn't know what to expect when I started reading it, but it did not feel like an amateur book, but something that was really good that people would enjoy reading. It was even a sci-fi book (which I never read) and still found it to be awesome. I even like that she left part of it open for a second book (so that after we become super wealthy from the first book, we can become even more super wealthy from the second book :)

Anyway, I am just really, really impressed and wanted to brag a little about her. Hopefully after she does some more edits and revisions you will all get the chance to read it. Great job hun!!!!!!"

4 comments:

edith said...

Can I read it? Would that be helpful? 'Cause I would LOVE to read it.
And good for you!
And are you going to do nanowrimo again?

Jenny said...

I am proud of you! That is so exciting! Is there anything you don't do?!!!

Charity said...

How about I send you a copy after the current revisions that I'm doing?

And I am definitely doing Nano again. It really helped me get the story on paper so I could have something to work on. I already have a chapter outline and character sheets for the next book. I'm super excited about it and will have to think of something nice to do for my family when it is all over. They are already dreading it. :)

Kristen S said...

Good for you. It must feel like a huge accomplishment to have it all down on paper (or computer). I would love to read it when you're finished!