Monday, May 18, 2009

What have I been doing?

Well, I want to post about Mother's Day, but I am waiting to get a good picture with my present. Hopefully I'll get that up soon.

In other news, I've been potty training Cole. Last week was very much an up and down roller coaster. Monday and Tuesday he refused to go at all. He would cry because he had to go, but he did not want to sit on the potty or go in his underwear. He would finally just go, but not in the potty once either day. Wednesday I was ready to give up, but thought I would give it just one more day. Something happened and he just woke up wanting to sit on the potty. He actually used it 2 out of 3 times. I was so relieved and started to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Unfortunately, I decided to get out on Thursday and it messed him all up again. I thought it would be fine because I went to a friend's house who was also potty training. Our thought was our kids could work on it together. It didn't work for Cole. Then Friday through Sunday was a non-stop run here and there and I just could not even think about potty training. So, I thought I was done and I would wait a bit before trying again.

Then, last night about 10:00pm, Cole woke up and did not want to go back to sleep. This was awful because I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep myself. At one point he got out of bed by saying, "I want to sit on the potty!" My first impulse was, "what??" Then I thought, "oh, why not?" And he actually went!

After the success of last night, I decided to go ahead and continue putting big boy underpants on him today. So far he has used the potty twice, with no accidents! I am still shocked. Granted the first time he went, he came to me crying and saying, "I need a diaper on!" I knew that this meant he had to go so I convinced him to sit on the potty instead. He loves getting to flush afterward and wash his hands. I don't know what changed, but I hope it keeps working.

1 comment:

edith said...

Man I hate potty training.
Good luck!