Saturday, May 9, 2009

Staying on the Run

Lots of pictures for you today! This is how I decided to make sure I keep running now that the Country Music 1/2 is over. I signed up for a local 5k and the kids also ran a free 1k. It was a lot of fun for all of us. Here we are before the fun started. Being sillyIt was realy crowded at the beginning and hard to get started. You can see Laura if you look for red shorts, blue shirt and green hat. We were trying to get through the crowd. I'm right behind her and you can just see my head.Making a pyramid to cheer people on.Getting ready by stretching. The kids fun run start.Kiah was the first girl to finish.Ashlee coming in.Here comes Adam.Even Cole ran and he was amazing! He ran half way down and then fell so we waited for everyone to come back by us on the return trip. He was feeling better by then and ran all the way to the finish line.

Everyone got medals to boot!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Did NAthan not run?? how was your time?

Charity said...

No, Nathan didn't run. He feels it is a waste of money to run a race every month. I did my best on a 5k so far with 31:33. I hope to keep shaving my time down with each 5k.

Laura D said...

He was jealous of the medals!

flori said...

Yay! I keep forgetting to ask about this one. I was so sad I couldn't do it this year--I thought it was so fun last year. My kids loved the fun run too. Way to go!