Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My writing world

I have been trying to work on my book off and on the last month and a half. I am making progress, slowly. I just don't get a lot of time to sit and work on it without the phone ringing, someone crawling in my lap, asking for a snack, needing help with homework, etc. By the time it is quiet enough for me to work it is late at night and I am tired! I'm not giving up though.

Yesterday I picked up a book that I requested from the library before Thanksgiving. Yes, it must be popular, or they only have one copy for my entire county. Whatever the reason for the long wait, I was glad to get it. It is Characters & Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card. I have always enjoyed his books and am now enjoying some great ideas on further developing my book by making my characters stronger.

After reading just the first two chapters I knew some of the things that I need to work on so I put the book down and did some writing. Now I think I have a really good beginning that will set the tone for the book and hopefully hook the reader.

*sighs* I have been trying to type this and Cole just keeps crawling all over me so it is hard to think straight. I guess that means I'm done for now.

No comments: