Friday, February 6, 2009

Crazy Week

This was indeed a busy crazy week! When the kids left for school on Monday I think I went a little crazy. I started cleaning. I decided that the only way I was going to feel like my house was clean would be to pull out a paint can and get rid all those hand prints and ink lines on my walls. Cole was amazingly good during the whole thing. He rolled a little and then left me to it. Things were going well and I covered the downstairs halls and moved on to the stair way and upstairs hall.

Now, I have to tell you that I thought I was using the can of paint that matched what was already on the walls. The idea in my head was this, "I'll paint all the lower walls and whatever I can reach when standing on a chair (we have a two story entry way) and when it dries it will all be blended in and it won't matter that I can't do all that top part." You see, this painter guy I know told me that the reason they suggest flat paint in homes is because you can get a foam brush and do touch ups. When it dries you can't see any difference, but with satin you get a shiny spot from the new paint. I'm telling you this so you don't think I'm completely stupid. Anyway, I had been painting for hours and was feeling really good at how clean and crisp and nice everything was feeling. Then I looked down from upstairs and saw the line clearly marked where I had stopped painting. The paint I was using was most definitely NOT the same as what was on the walls. I like what I used better, but now we have a two toned wall in our entry with no hope of getting it fixed any time soon.
Sorry, it was night time, but if you look closely you can see the triangle in the top corner that I couldn't reach. And below, look above the doorbell box.
Later in the week I had a better painting experience. Nathan and I actually went and bought paint for the bonus room upstairs. We have not painted it in the 2 1/2 years that we've lived here and it was in real need of a face lift. We picked to shades of brown. I really like how it turned out! It makes the room feel cozier and hopefully the brown won't look so dingy to quickly.
Ok, for my rant and raving therapy. What is it with all the smut in our society?! For Christmas I decided to get tickets to some local shows for Nathan. A good friend of mine bought the same tickets and we planned our double dates. We were really excited about it. One was in December and one was this last week (I also have one more for the end of the month). The first show was a one man comedy and I guess we should have known better, but all the reviews were good and did not mention the swearing and inappropriate discussion at the end of the show (the middle part was pretty good). Anyway, I think there were several minute at the beginning and end where all four of us debated whether or not we should leave. We probably should have. We hoped the second show, a play, would be better. It was, kind of. It still was way more suggestive than it needed to be. The actions really didn't have anything to do with the words being said and made me angry that they had to mess the play up that way. So, I give up on theatre, for a while. The last set of tickets is for a dance troupe. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Laura D said...

hee hee eheh Good luck on that one!