Tuesday, November 18, 2008

17 and 18

17. I am so grateful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost. It is wonderful to know that if we are trying to keep the commandments that our Heavenly Father has given us, he will send his spirit to be with us. His spirit can testify of truth, whisper answers to our questions, guide us safely through trial, and comfort us in times of trouble.

18. I love FALL! I am grateful for all of the beautiful colors. I enjoyed standing at the bus stop this morning with Kiah (although it was freezing!). We stood there and watched the leaves blowing on the wind. There were so many that it looked like snow, it was really a cool moment. After she got on the bus I headed home and kicked my way through piles of leaves all the way home. I love the swishing sound, the crunch when you step down and the smell. I love that dry leafy smell that fills the autumn air. Here is one of my favorite fall poems by Robert Frost.


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Photo by amy leigh Photography

No comments: