Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Birthday, an Anniversary and Family Traditions

Wow! I have been blogging exactly one year today. My first post was a recounting of Cole's first birthday, and that is what I am going to do today. Yesterday our little man turned two! I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is into everything and thinks he can do everything that his older siblings can do.


I LOVE the way he takes my face in his little hands and turns it to look at him when he really wants to talk to me. He started talking in sentences almost overnight about a month ago and now he is always talking. Here are some of my favorite phrases: "mommy, like it?" "watch the buses!" "Whas up, dude?" and is answer to almost every question, "I don know"


Here is a slide show of his big day. After the race, the kids went shopping at our neighborhood garage sale and I think Cole had the best birthday ever. He got books, a play deck with a car, a tent, and some animals. He had a blast!




This weekend has been super busy! On top of the race and Cole's birthday, it was Conference weekend. I'll briefly explain what this means for those of you who are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Twice a year we are blessed to hear from the leadership of our church, our Prophet and Apostles. There are two days of wonderful counsel and uplifting words, and I love it!


Ever since Nathan and I got married we have had the tradition of getting doughnuts for conference. The kids would go out early Saturday morning with Nathan when we lived in Utah. They would go to Krispy Kreme and get enough for the two days of breakfasts. When we moved away we had to make due with whatever doughnuts we could find, and they were not nearly as yummy as Krispy Kreme.


In April, I decided we should make them instead of buying them. It was a hit, even though the recipe was not good enough to keep. This go around, Nathan found a recipe and worked on them all morning. It took about 2 hours, but they were really good! Here is a slide show of that experience.



5 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Bday Cole! You sure are a handsome fella! In some of this pictures I see Jacob in him. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I am not sure if it is the blonde hair and blue eyes or what. The girls think so too. But of course I have told you this a millon times!

Wow, I am VERY IMPRESSED with you donunts! They look GREAT, like you bought them at the store!

Laura D said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Cole is looking thinner in those pictures. He must have grown! The donuts look very yummy!

Lindsey said...

I think Cole is looking a bit more like Adam! Those donuts looks so yummy!!! I want one

Jennifer M said...

Happy 1st to your Blog, and Happy 2nd to Cole! Looks like you had a great weekend.

Charity said...

Thanks! I do think that Cole and Jacob have some similar facial expressions.

The doughnuts were good. We will work on perfecting them and next time we all get together we will have to make some.