Friday, October 10, 2008

I say Fall, you say Autumn

I love Fall! Here are some of the new decorations we bought this week.



Pumpkin Poem by unknown

When all the cows were sleeping
And the sun had gone to bed,
Up jumped the pumpkin,
And this is what he said:
I'm a dingle dangle pumpkin
With a flippy floppy hat.
I can shake my stem like this,
And shake my vine like that.


Leaves by Elsie Brady

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.


(Photo by my good friend, Amy Rahm)

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Very nice. But I think you need a better pumpkin photo. Bring Kiah over and she can take a picture of our very sad looking pumpkin patch.

Ellenamo said...

I can't believe it's time to put up Autumn decorations. I can finally put up the sparkly "Boo!" sign I bought a month ago!

Amy said...

Love your new stuff! I am addicted to Fall decor. Thanks for the shout out!