Friday, September 19, 2008

Tagged--Quirky?

I was tagged by my good friend, Ellen, the Choir Girl. Rules:Link the person who tagged you. Mention the rules on your blog.Tell 6 unspectacular quirky things about you or your family.Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers' blogs letting them know they have been tagged.

1. I had to look up "Quirky" in the dictionary. Here is what it said, "a. an abrupt twist or curve, b. a peculiar trait, c. a groove separating a bead or other molding from adjoining members." I'm guessing I'm suppose to write about the b definition. Hope I can think of something, I'm just so normal it is scary sometimes. *wink*

2. I randomly talk about food. I often say, "I know I want something to eat, but I just don't know what it is." Actually, I think 75% of all my conversations involve food. I love it, what can I say. That is why I started a food blog. I like finding and trying new recipes.

3. I stub my toes on everything. There can be one item in the middle of the floor and I will trip over it. My lovely husband has tested this many times and gotten a kick out of it each time. Personally, I don't think that is fair to take advantage of my clumsiness. I was always taught to keep my head up and not watch my feet. So, there!

4. I will be totally quiet, but when someone walks in the room I will start talking to myself. This one is courtesy of Nathan. He says that when he is in the other room I'll be quiet, but when he walks in I will start talking to the computer. I tried to tell him that I was really talking to him, but he doesn't think so. Which leads me to #5

5. I have complete conversations in my head with people all the time. It is easier than actually talking to them for real because I always get my way :) Unfortunately, sometimes I forget what I've really discussed with people and what was imaginary. So imagine standing at the church waiting to go visiting teaching and your partner doesn't show up. Did I say I would pick her up, or did we agree to meet here, or is she waiting for me at Tammy's house? I'll never know...

6. I can make anything more complicated than it has to be. I don't know how, or why, but maybe it is another button or switch in my head that is broken or mislabeled. (see my food blog for an explanation).

Goodness, who to tag? How about Carla , Shan , Jennifer M , Laura D , Caiti , Alison

5 comments:

Ellenamo said...

Ha, ha! I'm so glad my friend, Katy tagged me with this. I love finding out about people's quirks.

Jennifer M said...

I think you hit the "quirky" nail on the head! Funny.

I did a similar tag a while ago you can read here: http://jjmordock.blogspot.com/2007/10/tag-im-it.html

But I might take you up on writing one about our family. Every family has a personality as individual as the individuals IN the family, so that could be fun do to, too.

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nathan said...

The fact that you wrote number 5, vindicates me from the many times I have gotten in trouble becuase you said you told me about it or asked me to do something--see, you DID in fact tell me or ask me, it was just in your head :) So I am innocent!!!

Laura D said...

I can't stop laughing at #5. I do that all the time. Sarah knows I do that so sometimes she just asks me what "she" has already answered!