Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another week gone!

I can't believe that a whole week has passed by without me posting on this blog! We have had a really great week. A while back we decided to turn the cable off but it took a while for us to actually do it. One morning I just grabbed the dvr box and headed to the mall to turn it in. Since then, things have just improved in our home. Sure, I miss it sometimes, but we've been able to reconnect as a family and that is more important than the National Geographic Channel (although that comes in pretty close behind! ;) )

Not much is going on here. The kids go to school, Cole and I hang out and Nathan works. Nathan and I did get to go to a Stake dance last Saturday that was just for us adults. It was a blast! We got to slow dance, polka like crazy, swing and do the electric slide. There was also karaoke and games to keep things moving. We did decide that we need to take some hip hop dance classes because we can't fast dance to save our lives!

I actually started working on my book again this week, which is one reason that I am spending less time on the computer, or the Internet at any rate. I have a new determination to finish this thing, by starting at the beginning again. This month I am writing everything that I know about my characters. Once I really know who they are I'll start writing on the story again. I just found that the characters were weak and I didn't know why they were doing what they were doing. This should help a lot!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the week. The first two were taken by Kiah. She is behind the camera more than in front of it these days. We have had a ton of rain, and these fairy circles and semi circles have popped up all over the city. On the drive to Wal-Mart I saw several houses that were perfectly green except for a circle of white mushrooms. Kind of made me feel like I had entered some mystical other worldly place. My imagination started imagining all kinds of fairy revelry in the night.
I asked Cole if he wanted me to take his picture and he said, "yes." Then he grinned and said, "cheeese!"
Cole finally fits in Adam's old suit. Isn't he just a little man!
Here is some art work that I found when I checked out the downstairs restroom. I think someone is ready for Christmas.
Adam cooking scrambled eggs for my food blog.
Ashlee making nachos for my food blog.

4 comments:

Ellenamo said...

I don't have cable either. I hardly have time to watch TV, so it's just not worth paying for. I have bunny ears that get me about ten channels, which is plenty. I guess I'll have to get a digital box if I want to keep having free TV when everything goes digital.

Lindsey said...

So was that a permanant marker that was drawn with on the toilet seat?

Charity said...

Luckily it was a dry erase marker, but I don't know how long it was on there. We cleaned it but there is still a faint outline left.

NAthan said...

The funny thing was that we had lots of company coming the next day, had we not found Santa on the potty, they would have--that would have actually been pretty funny!