Wednesday, September 3, 2008

NieNie Dialogues

Ok, so I've been keeping up with Stephanie and Christian Nielson's story for almost a week now and decided to go ahead and post about it. I've only visited Stephanies website The NieNie Dialogues a few times and did not know if that would qualify me to add such a personal thing to my blog on their behalf. But I have found myself profoundly touched by the recent events in their lives. On Aug 16, the parents (Stephanie and Christian) of this lovely family were in a private plane crash. Both are severely burned and have a long road of recovery ahead of them. I've been keeping up with their story on Jane's site (Stephanie's sister) c Jane run.

After reading about some of the events last week and feeling the love in this family as Jane and others pulled together to take care of Nie's four children, I went downstairs to make dinner. I was crying and for some reason I just couldn't stop. Life is so precious and we need to enjoy each and every moment. We never know when something unexpected will happen.

Since my heart has been with this family, I decided that it would be ok to add the donation button to my blog, even though I have never met them. Medical bills will be huge, and there are these sweet children to support as well. Take a minute to visit their pages and learn how you can help. I know you will want to after you get to know them. The one thing we can all do is pray for their recovery.

Christian and Stephanie Nielson

4 comments:

edith said...

Today I found out that my cousin is married to Christian Nielson's brother Peter. I mean, I always knew she was married to Peter, I just didn't know there was a connection to NieNie until today.
I'm glad you posted about this. I wasn't aware.

AZ Larsens said...

Oh my goodness, from your blog I started reading about this whole thing and now I'm hooked. And I can't stop crying when I read it!! And can you believe these people are from Mesa just like we are? I read about it when it happened but like most news stories you hear about it for the one minute it's news, and that's it. But now I'll be praying and following this story every day...

Charity said...

Wow! After you posted your comment Edith I added the same message to my food blog. Christy I feel the same way you do. I find myself thinking about this cute couple and just tear up. Weird how you can feel close to someone you've never met.

Amy and the boys said...

I just stumbled on their story a few days ago from a friend of a friend's blog. Now, I'm seeing the Donate button popping up everywhere. We need more good Moms on this earth so I'm hoping her kiddos get to keep her around for a while. Very sad. I just can't think about it very much. Right before I left for my trip this summer (w/o my kids) I stumbled on a ton of blogs filled with tragedy. It can suck you in. So now, I must avoid them. It just gets to me so much. :(