Monday, August 11, 2008

Evening of fun

Oh, how I wish I had thought to grab the camera and record some of the craziness last night! Actually, I'm glad I didn't. It was probably much more important for me to just enjoy the moment. I don't know how it got started, but we had a little "drama theater" after dinner. Each of us took turns thinking up a scenario and then we all had to act it out one at a time. Some of them were sooo funny. Here are some of my favorite scenes:

  • Your American Idol audition (almost all of us included the "other door" comic relief)
  • You are a spy sneaking through the museum
  • Ashlee's ninja grandma being mugged in an alley (complete with slow motion excitement)
  • Dad's reaction when walking through the jungle and finding a snake

I don't think we have laughed so much together in a long time. So, next time you are starting to feel frustrated with your kids, shift gears and add a little more drama to your life. The funniest part was that whatever the older kids did, Cole did too. He would run, make noises, fall to the ground, it was classic! So even the little ones can play and have a blast.

3 comments:

Jennifer M said...

I can imagine your kids doing this. Fun!

Try this link for the flickr mosaic game: http://www.flickr.com/photos/awindow4me/2535893992

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Charity, I was blog surfing and went to Meghan M's blog. Then I thought your's was another person that was in our current ward. And you guys popped up. Funny! We were in W. Nash with you guys before you moved. I was K's achievment Day's leader. Anyway...thought I would say hey...I will have to tell Meg. that I found you through her. Too funny!!!! *** Your kids have gotten so big...I don't think you had your littlest son either then...right? We added two more since Nash. too. Anyway...fun seeing you guys

Charity said...

Cool. Do you have a blog? I have to admit that I think I have a face but don't remember your name. I love blogs for finding people. I'm learning it really is a small world after all. Glad you found us.