Friday, August 8, 2008

New project

Well, I guess I don't have enough to do in my life. More accurately, I don't have enough things in my life that I want and enjoy doing. So, I've started yet another "project" I sent a few of you emails introducing my new blog For the Love of Food and I got some encouraging feedback. If you get a chance go check it out.

My goal for that blog is to share quick, easy recipes. Lots of people talk about my cooking, which is kind of funny to me because I don't feel my cooking is any better than anyone else's. I guess I just cook. Anyway, I thought if I could share some of my favorite recipes that take only 30 minutes to make and are not super intensive I would feel like I was contributing something useful to the online community. :) Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Laura D said...

I think everyone likes your cooking because you actualy like to cook. I hate cooking but I can cook pretty good when I do it. (Every day) Just to lazy to enjoy it or I don't like listening to everyone complain that they don't like chicken or veggies... why can't we have pizza every night.....

edith said...

It surprises me how many people don't cook anymore. Maybe just people I know. I used to really like cooking but my kids are so picky, there is always someone who doesn't like what I made for dinner. Kinda kills the joy. So ideas for quick cooking are great because it means I haven't invested too much of my life in order to be under-appreciated.

Jenny said...

I love your cooking. I miss the days in college where I could come over and eat! Good Luck. You will do amazing, just like you do with everything else that you do! Nathan is a lucky Man!!

Charity said...

I have to laugh, cause I've eaten at Laura's house and I know she can cook. Ate there tonight as a matter of fact, lol! I totally relate to the under-appreciated feeling too.

But the thing that makes me laugh the most is Jenny's comment. When she was in college, Nathan was still finishing up and I think we had corn or peas and mac and cheese at EVERY meal. I remember hearing the sentiment "mac and cheese...again?" and not from Jenny! Gotta love that college food budget.

Jenny said...

That isn'y true completely! But just as a side note, I LOVE MAC AND CHZ! You didn't always make that. You make amazing Thanksgiving Dinners! I loved all 5 years of them!! I have NEVER not like anything you have made...except the pizzas on the hamburger buns. Sorry, that was such a funny night! I am still laughing at it. We sure had a lot of fun!!!