Sunday, December 2, 2012

Settling in and Christmas Lights

I've set a goal to start posting more on this blog so our family and friends will know what we're up to. Every Sunday I'll try and post a little something.

We are all unpacked and decorated for Christmas. That was one of our goals because the kids thought it would help them feel more at home with the tree up. Here's a short tour I made for my writing blog.
video

Our first weekend in Arkansas, we went to the lighting of the town square. The kids grumbled, but I liked the small town feel of the event. Lots of families walking around, funnel cake, cotton candy, and carols over the loud speaker. There's also an outdoor skating rink that we will eventually make it to.

This weekend we drove down to Fayetteville to see the lights on their square. We got lucky and they were having quite the event as well.




All in all, we are starting to relax and enjoy our new home.

2 comments:

Flori said...

Yay! So excited about the updates--I've been watching for you to post pictures and to hear how things are going. sounds like you're settling in. We miss you!!

Laura D said...

Looks like everyone is happy! At least for pictures...