Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Myrtle Beach 1/2 Marathon

Sorry that I haven't posted since Christmas. We've been busy with the same old same old. I still post three times a week on my writing blog. That's become my social outlet of sorts. The writing has slowed considerably, but that's ok for now. I'm letting things "stew" so that when I'm ready to write things will hopefully move quickly.

In February Nathan and I ran a half marathon in Myrtle Beach. It was beautiful and we did surprisingly well considering how little we trained. In fact, our longest run before the half (which is 13 miles) was 6 miles. Luckily the course was flat, interesting, and the weather was perfect. Here are some pictures from the trip.

 The night before on the beach. It was cold!

 Sleepy-eyed early morning.
 As we approached the starting line, the moon was setting and the sun was rising. I missed being in a crowd of people pumped to run.
 The last few miles we had glimpses of the ocean between the hotels.
 The finish line! Finally!
The medals are probably my favorite so far. We're thinking of running a half there this fall to get the surfboard medals.

No comments: