Monday, April 26, 2010

Country Music 1/2 Marathon 2010

Saturday was the day. My hubby, his sister and I ran the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville. We trained, and we prayed the rain would wait until we finished running. Actually, by mile 10 I was thinking a little rain would feel pretty good. It was the predicted lightening I wanted to hold off. I would like to say I am thrilled with the outcome, but I'm a little disappointed. However, in an effort to be more positive I will say this. I AM CONSISTENT.

We have run this race three years in a row. My times? 2:34, 2:33 and 2:34. I still enjoyed every minute of the experience and this year I can still walk up and down stairs! The first year I could barely walk the next day, last year it was just stairs that gave me problems. So, I guess I should look at the bright side. I may not be any faster, but my body is stronger. Here are some pictures from the day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Great job, Charity! I think you are amazing (and slightly crazy) for doing this race 3 years in a row....I hated it! And that's so funny that your times are all so close. What's next?!

edith said...

Hooray for you! Way to run around town! Consistently!
Were you taking pictures while you ran? You weren't hurting at all, or you'd have ditched the camera. You are strong!

Sarah Ragatz said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go. Running a marathon is a secret dream of mine.

flori said...

What a rock star! You don't even look like you broke a sweat! I looked like I'd been hit by a truck when I finished. I think you guys are AWESOME!!!!