Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Date Night

Two weeks ago, Nathan and I actually got out for a date that was not church related. I love church, but it was wonderful to do something with just the two of us for a change. Although October was well under way, I still had my birthday gift card (from August!) to use at a local pottery place. We also had a buy one get one free coupon for the same store. Nathan and I took close to 30 minutes to decided what we wanted to do before we even started. For the next hour and a half we sat in near silence concentrating on our projects.

I had to laugh because the girl working the store probably thought it was one of the worst dates she had ever witnessed. (She has asked if we were on a date when we came in.) I wanted to tell her that we had four kids at home and so were enjoying the peace and quiet of the shop. Plus, how often do we get to zone everything out and concentrate on a project without one of our kids crawling all over us, asking for something, or fighting with the other kids? It was wonderful and I put it on my Christmas list that I wanted another date just like this one.

Here are our finished pieces.
My Thanksgiving plate
Nathan's Halloween candy jar

3 comments:

Nick and Kathy said...

Those are AWESOME! You guys did a great job!

Lindsey said...

They look cute.

flori said...

Fun date. I'm convinced that you have to have a crazy life and lots of loud crazy kids (like we do) to really learn to appreciate peace and quiet!