Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Valentine's

Well, I haven't posted anything about Valentine's Day, so I guess I should. I have to be honest and say I've been pouting about it (Sorry hun!) Nathan and I had planned to go to the temple in the morning. It was the only day of the month that we could go, and even though it was Valentine's Day I found a great friend who was actually EXCITED to watch our kids for us so we could go. Unfortunately, things come up and we were not able to go. Instead, I spent all day at home with the kids (8am--5pm) while Nathan put in some service hours. I feel guilty for letting it upset me the way that it did, but I am only human after all. We then went to Sam's Club and Best Buy before returning home to watch a movie.

The kids watched Space Chimps and Nathan and I watched the third Mummy movie. Exciting (feel the dripping sarcasm). I don't even remember what we ate, but here are the kids with their V-day treats. Ashlee got ear phones, Kiah a wind chime, Adam an airplane and Cole got cars.

5 comments:

Laura D said...

I understand how you are feeling.... You should go with him Saturday.

Sarah Ragatz said...

That really stinks about the missed temple trip. If you can reschedule, I still owe you a babysitting day!

Anonymous said...

We had Mexican and Wendy's--you don't get more romantic than a mummy movie and take out :) It was a bummer to not get to go to the temple. Hopefully very soon.

nb said...

Hey, you also got chocolates :) Very fancy Dollar Store chocolates for that fact!!! Thank goodness we are going out Tuesday to the dance show for our real V-day date, or this one would have gone down in history.

Amy and the boys said...

If it makes you feel any better, we watched the Hulk. hahahaha I think. I can't remember actually if that was Fri or Sat night. I did get some flowers though. :) Oh wait, we got take out too. Cheesecake Factory- mmm. Argh- I'm so tired these days...