Monday, November 3, 2008

Undertaking a 50k!


Look what I found to do this month. As if I didn't have enough things to do. I am really excited about Nanowrimo! You can sign up at this sight with forums to help keep you motivated and hash out plot ideas and such. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel (or the first 50,000 words) in the month of November. This is my opportunity to finally get this book written. In September I decided to basically trash everything that I had written anyway and I started working on my character development. The characters have the same names (so far) but they are all older with more life experience to help them do the things I need them to do.


So, on Saturday I woke up at 7am and sat down to start writing. I also wrote on Sunday while Cole was taking his nap. I am at 3,527/50,000. Hee hee, I have a long way to go! I'll keep you updated. I'll also try and take a moment to give a synopsis of the book at some point.


I also wanted to share with you my "happiness resolutions" for November. I haven't done that in a while. November is Contemplate the Heavens. Here are the mini goals for the month:
1. Consider matters of the spirit
2. Read memoirs of catastrophe (I'm not sure about this one)
3. Keep a one sentence journal
4. Remember how much I love my ordinary day
5. Turn complaints into thankfulness (this will be hard)
6. Appreciate the seasons and time of life


Well, I'm off to write! Actually, I think I'll go for a run first so that my blood is flowing to my brain better.

4 comments:

Alison B said...

I didn't know you were writing a book!!! about what?? how exciting! Good for you. That really is amazing. Keep us posted.

Lanna said...

Yeah! We're in it together! If you go to my blog and click on the Nano progress icon on the right, it should take you to where I downloaded it. You can add it to yours, too. See ya at the finish line (the only finish line that we can both get to -- I'm not a runner!).

Amy and the boys said...

Wow- what a goal! Good luck!

edith said...

That is so great! Good luck.
Someday I'll be an "I knew her when. . ." of yours.