Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Chocolate

This is what Nathan posted on our MyFamily site this morning.


"For those of you who do not know, although I was opposed to the idea, we now have a little puppy living with us until Thanksgiving. Charity and her sisters decided to get her mom a puppy for Christmas that we would take to her at Thanksgiving. So, Charity found a cute dog at the humane society that we had to get now and keep with us. Well today, Cole came in with Chocolate on his hands saying look daddy, Chocolate. Being Halloween I did not think much of it and said ok let's go clean it off you. Then I asked where the chocolate was and he led me to a BIG PILE OF DOG POOOOP!!!!!!! I thought I was going to HURL. I only pray that he did not try to eat the chocolate!!! Charity was gone so I had to clean it up--all I can say is she owes me BIG as I did not want the dog in our house for that very reason. I am so grossed out right now I am considering putting the dog in a box and shipping it to Dorothy NOW so we don't have to keep it until Thanksgiving."


Yes, I'm grossed out too! Here is what I replied:


"The whole time he was cleaning up the "chocolate" I was outside freezing trying to get the dog to go to the bathroom. We made it 4 days before this kind of accident. I just can't watch the dog constantly or watch Cole constantly. One has to give. The other day, Cole drew on every wall downstairs with a dry erase marker. Long wiggly lines all down every wall, the doors, the foyer floor, the kitchen floor, the piano room carpet, the piano keys, bookshelves and the kitchen cabinets. If it isn't one thing it is another. I feel like I have twins the way they divide and conquer."


Ah, the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

Amy and the boys said...

I am just laughing at all of this!