Sunday, July 6, 2008

So much to think about

Well, today seemed unusually long, so once the kids were in bed I decided to go through all my friends blogs to unwind. I like to check out other blogs that they suggest and often find very interesting things. Tonight I found several sites that talked about blogging safety. It was a lot to take in and I wanted to share the site(s) with all of my friends.

Seattle Mom Blogs, which I linked to from the Magpie Files

Here's to safe blogging for us all.

4 comments:

alice c said...

Hi Charity,
Nice to meet you and thank you for linking to my blog. I think it is important to be aware of the potential issues of blog safety but not to become overwhelmed to the point where you stop enjoying your blog. My experience has taught me to be careful and make sure I know who visits my blog and that makes me much less worried than I was when I started writing.
Alice

Jenny said...

Toby has mentioned this to me before. NOt the site but to really be careful. You can make you site only availible to those you invite to your site. I am not sure exactly how to do it but I do not think that it is terribly hard.

Charity said...

Thanks Alice. I appreciate you doing the ground work to help the rest of us. I think I've done ok, but will be a little more conscience of things in the future.

Jenny, on blogger you just go to the settings tab and click on the permissions tab. It is easy to do, but adds a step for others to access your site. I'm not worried enough to go that far simply because I think it would be enough to keep my mom from logging on and I created the site for her. I think we will be fine as long as we make an effort to not disclose personal information. I'm going to create a new header this week and take our last name off of it. :)

Jenny said...

can you change the name of your address to the blog page?