Saturday, April 26, 2008

Country Music Half Marathon!


Today was the big race! We've been training for the last 3 months and we did it! Here we are standing in the rain waiting in line for the Port-O-Pots. We decided that the garbage bag look was definitely in style this morning! Isn't it nice with the Parthenon behind us?

The race started before we got in line. We then stood in the line for an hour before we made it up to the starting line. They would let 1000 people go then wait for 2 minutes before the next group. It was freezing for that hour because it was wet and windy, but once we got started we warmed up quickly and we were grateful for the overcast sky. It did stop raining right before we started and we stayed dry for the rest of the run. We only got one picture while waiting to start and it is blurry, but you take what you can get.
Of course I have to try and take a picture during the run. This is about mile 9. You can see the Bell South or is it AT&T? building in the skyline, but we always call it the Batman building. Nathan took this when he got to the finish line.We survived! We feel we really earned our medals. Nathan ran the whole way without stopping and did it in 2 hours 27 minutes. I ran the first 10 miles without stopping, but had to stop and stretch after the 10. I ran the rest of it with the exception of mile 11 1/2 to 12 1/2 because it was all uphill and I just didn't have it in me. But I ran the last 1/2 mile and finished in 2 hours and 33 minutes. Guntime started at 7:00:30am, both Nathan and my chiptime started at 7:58:57am.
STATS 5K------6miles---10miles---Finish
Charity 33:54--- 1:08:15--- 1:55:23--- 2:33:49
Pace 11:34----- 11:23----- 11:33--- 11:44
Nathan 35:20--- 1:07:41--- 1:52:57--- 2:27:12
Pace 11:23----- 11:17----- 11:18--- 11:15

4 comments:

Kristen & Matt said...

Congrats! That's awesome that you guys did that! It was also fun to see the bat building in the background--I haven't seen it in ages. My parents don't live in that area anymore so when I go visit them it's not anywhere I've lived. Great job on your run!!

Amy & the boys said...

Yeah for you! I love seeing the pictures of Nashville. It's so fun that you can do this together.

Meghan said...

WOHOO!!! Y'all did awesome!!!

Suanna said...

wow you guys are amazing but i'm excited and hope to run a marathon this summer

suanna