Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blues? and other wanderings of thought...

Well, I don't have any new pictures to post, and not much of anything has happened all week long. I think I must have the post race blues. Some things I read said that it is common to feel depressed after a big race because it has occupied so much of your time and now it is over. It's the "I've met my goal, now what do I do?" syndrome. I guess I just need to sign up for a few more races to keep me busy.

I haven't really started exercising again yet because my body needs time to recover. Tonight my good friend Shan called me to go for a walk. It was exactly what I needed. It was a good paced walk that hopefully will help some of my soreness get better and ease me back into my routine next week. Thanks Shan!

Another note: I realized that there is only 5 1/2 weeks of school left this year. Aaaahhh! Nathan and I really need to get a plan/routine in place before summer starts or I'm going to go for a run one day and just keep going! :) That is a joke, kind of. :) Luckily our pool opens this month and the kids always love going there, and they have the trampoline and playhouse. So maybe it won't be too bad.

Nathan and Adam are going on the Father Son campout tomorrow. I'll make sure they take the camera so I have something to post this weekend.

Oh, I talked to someone who went to the wedding that I made the cake for. He said that all of it was gone by the time he left! He said he tried 2 layers and both were excellent. That made me feel really good. So I've spent all week watching Ace of Cakes. Duff can I come hang out with you? I've seriously watched about 11 episodes this week. I'm adding the link to the Charm City Cakes website. I wish I had some forms to just try and replicate some of their cakes. They are soooo cool!

No comments: