Thursday, November 22, 2007




I love Thanksgiving! We did a little decorating Monday and Tuesday so the house would feel more festive in the 70 degree weather! We put some garland outside on the porch and our wreaths on the windows. They look so nice. Once we get everything else up I'll post some pictures.

The first picture is of me and Kiah cutting leeks for the butternut squash soup for Thanksgiving. Kiah was a natural, but after a bit her eyes started to burn. Luckily she found a solution! Kiah also helped me make the cheese cakes. Ashlee helped make the pumpkin pie and Adam made the purple passion. We made all the pies and soup on Wednesday to save time on Thursday. It was a lot of fun to have the kids help me do it.

Nathan picked up the four Elders around noon and they played football frisbee outside while I finished cooking. The turkey turned out really well. It was a 22 pounder so I started at 6am. I found the recipe online. I stuffed the turkey with onion, garlic and apples, so it had a slightly sweet taste. I thought it was good and there wasn't much left so I guess the Elders liked it too. We also had the soup, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, brown sugar sweet potatoes, purple passion, home made rolls, cornbread dressing, and a sweet potato souffle that Brother McNally brought. Then of course desserts! On top of the ones mentioned above, we had an apple pie, cookies and pecan pie. Needless to say, we all ate WAY to much!

After eating we played my favorite game, Beyond Balderdash. Then the kids and I went for a 2 mile walk with Brother McNally and his lady friend while Nathan took the Elders home. After everyone left and we cleaned (oh, I have to brag on my wonderful hubby--he got home before me and had the kitchen half way cleaned up!) we played Settlers of Catan with the kids. All in all it was a great day!

1 comment:

Rob & Amy said...

Looks fun. I think I need to dress up my table next year!