Sunday, May 17, 2015

Congratulations Kiah!

Well, some how we all survived! It was a day of conflicting emotions to say the least. I know I thought I was ready for Kiah to graduate, but as I stood there watching the graduates walk into the arena it hit me.

My first baby was closing the door on one stage of her life and entering a new one.

Did I do enough? Was she prepared?

It's much easier to think of all the ways I might have failed her. I'd rather take the blame if things don't go as smoothly as she'd like. However, in the end I have to accept that she has her agency to choose her path in life.

I hope and pray she finds and chooses a path that will be fulfilling and joyful for her.


After graduation we went out for lunch, then out to a beautiful spot in a nearby town. This memorial chapel is one of our favorite spots and Kiah agreed to take some Senior Pictures. Sort of...



No comments: