Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rocktober Fest AKA my insanity

I did something a bit crazy today. My good friend Laura and I had started training to run a full marathon in November. We were doing really good too. And then I went on the cruise and came back lazy. Laura continued to train and I wallowed in self pity that I had to come back home. :) Not really, but maybe just a little.

Mornings are my favorite time to run, and it doesn't happen now that seminary has started. I already get up at 4:40am. Then kid drop offs for school stretch from 7am-9am. By then I'm ready for a nap and the last thing I want to do is run. Yeah, I know I'm making excuses.

Anyway, Laura signed us up for a half marathon. We ran it this morning. She did awesome! I'm so proud of her for sticking to the training and pushing herself to reach her goal. I ran/walked today. You should know that in the last month I've only been running once. And that was just 2 miles. I don't recommend running a 1/2 marathon with so little preparation.

You want to hear the saddest part? I was only 20 minutes slower than my PR from the year I trained really well. Here are some pictures.

Our cheering squad.
Go Laura!
The kids and Laura came to help me keep moving the last little bit.
I took my shoes off for the last mile because of a blister between my toes, so I was bending down to register my chip.
We did it!

No comments: