Friday, April 10, 2009

Making Easter Chocolates

Our Young Women (from church) worked really hard for 6 hours today to make chocolate covered peanut butter and chocolate covered coconut Easter eggs today. (recipes to follow shortly) They took orders to raise money to help cover the cost of their upcoming summer girls camp. I think it was A LOT more work than any of us thought it would be, but what fun! And what a mess! I think I will be finding/smelling chocolate for weeks. Here are some pictures of the slightly contained, barely organized chaos that somehow worked.
We had some great Belgium chocolate that we chopped up and tempered for our coatings.
Here we have dark chocolate (for the coconut) and milk chocolate (for the peanut butter) going at the same time.
Licking the foil afterward
We made almost 350 truffles, 200 small eggs and 40 large eggs. It was a busy day!

2 comments:

flori said...

Seriously, you're the best. I can't say enough nice things about you. I would have been poking my eyeballs out with toothpicks by the end of that day. Maddie loved it and the chocolates were delicious!!!

Charity said...

Thanks, I'm sure you would have done just as well, probably better because you would have thought it out more and been better prepared. :) I have a better plan for next year!

I'm glad Maddie had fun. The girls really did work hard.