Thursday, April 23, 2009

2 Days and Counting!

I bought some new running gear this week. I've seen the running skirts but never gave them much thought until my shorts started giving me problems. I have unfortunately put on about 10 lbs since I bought my shorts a year ago. That is why I am NOT GOING to STOP running after the 1/2 marathon this year. (I am finally in a downward weight trend again and I don't want to mess that up.) Anyway...my shorts were riding up and rubbing my thighs in an uncomfortable way. I decided that I could not run the half with them doing that the whole time. So I went and purchased a running skort.
I ran in it last night and I have to say I loved it. Why did I wait so long to give it a try? I did still wear my compression shorts under it even though it has built in shorts. I didn't want to be self conscience about how short they felt. It was much better than my old shorts and now I feel like I am ready to go! Of course the tiny little bit of fashion in me says that I now need a shirt to match because it has a pale pink and a red stripe down the side. It doesn't match my bright yellow shirt. :) I couldn't find a skirt with a yellow stripe.

There will be a live webcast of the race on Saturday, April 25. You can watch it Here. I've tried to describe how amazing this race feels to some of my friends and have never quite succeeded. There is just something about running with so many people and having the whole course lined with people cheering you on. Check it out starting at 8am US-Eastern time. Last year it was an hour after the gun before we even crossed the starting line. That's how many people there are!

No comments: