Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Good Day's Work

We've had several busy weekends--all church related. This morning was devoted to seminary in-service, but from noon on we decided to boycott everyone and everything else and get some much needed work done around our house.

Here is the before (the tree has actually been gone for almost a year):
And the after:
Doesn't it look much cleaner? Just image how nice it will look when we get mulch and flowers in there. One step at a time.
The stats:
Three van trips (33 stones, took back 2 curved ones, 50 more, 25 more--trips were for weight concerns not entirely poor planning. :)
106 stones
Two layers
Four bushes relocated
One azalea relocated
Five hours of work

2 comments:

Jen said...

It looks GREAT, Charity! You can come work at my house next. :)

Charity Bradford said...

Thanks Jen! I wish we had done it a long time ago. Now I'm looking forward to the next free Saturday so we can shop for flowers.

It's funny, but I love doing home improvements when the whole family gets involved. It brings back that "dreaming" feeling that I miss from when Nathan and I were first married and living on pennies. Only now we dream it and then we do it!