Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Faith in God Girl's "T" Party

I love hot glue guns! Tonight the girls and I went to a mother/daughter "T" party for their Faith in God Girls activity. We got to dress up and wear fun hats. Kiah started her hat because I didn't have anything for us on Monday, and no ideas either. I'm glad she is so creative. She took a wire hanger and put all the leaves on it. That helped me start thinking so we got some flowers from the Dollar Tree and added them. Each hat reflects its owner quite well I think.

Kiah's is all about Nature.
Ashlee wanted a tiara, but I couldn't find one, so here is my solution.
This is my fuzzy pink hat with a giant gerber daisy. Yeah, I'm a bit odd that way.
Here we are all dressed up and ready to go. And yes, Kiah is as tall as I am now. My heels are just a bit higher than hers in this picture.

It was a really fun evening. We enjoyed good company, mint cocoa and dainty finger sandwiches (we even had cucumber sandwiches! I've read about them in some of my Victorian detective novels and now I've eaten one...or four). It was a lot of fun and I have to say that I enjoyed wearing my silly hat. It is funny (translation--it doesn't make any sense), but I kept thinking of Stephanie Nielsen tonight. I kept thinking that she would be proud of me for the silly hats that I made, and the fact that I wore it all night and just enjoyed being with my daughters. All that was missing was the bright red lipstick. I think I might have to go buy a tube in her honor.


I've come to a realization tonight. I may have been thinner as a teenager, but I think I'm much prettier now than I was then. Yeah, I know, sounds vain, but hear me out. I feel more comfortable with who I am (even with the extra pounds) and I think that shows. It feels good to realize that I actually do like who I've become. I still have room to grow and learn, but at least tonight I feel like I am on the right path.

4 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

I've thought that exact same thing before too, even though I was thinner as a teenager, I feel much better about myself and what I'm capable of now I'm about to enter my 30's! Being a teenager is so hard...

Jennifer M said...

Adorable!

Laura D said...

You guys look great! I am glad I got a girl to do that stuff with! I think it is what is inside us that makes us beautiful...

flori said...

I loved the T party too. So fun to be with the girls and play dress ups! You are BEE YOO TEA FULL!!